Sunday, April 29, 2012

goal update

Goal update :)

Respect - for others, for myself, demand respect from others for myself, boundaries

  • I have always demanded respect for myself.  My difficulty is communicating this to others without emotion or just avoiding all together.  As you can see in my earlier post, I am still working on this.
Meaningful work - putting my heart and soul into my profession
  • I am so excited!  I stepped up and volunteered to create the poster for our Nurses Day Celebration!  I'll post a pic as soon as it is complete.
 
Relationships - family, friends, co-workers, acquaintances
  •  Meeting up with friends or family once a week.  I have been so neglectful of my friends, especially during this past year with school and surgery.  Had lunch with a high school friend last week, painting with an old friend the week before (you've seen my koi!), another lunch date this week.  I really missed my time with friends and really appreciate their friendship.
 


 
 Fun - creativity, humor, child-like
 
  • Have you ever been to Teatro Zinzanni??  Fun and child-like!!!with feathers in our hair!  This is my friend for 28 years - love her!



 Growth - physically and personally including education, spiritual and reflective 
  • Let me see.....oh, ya - BSN program at UWB!!!  I love school!  I plan to take the Spanish for Health Care Workers during winter quarter at EvCC.  Spiritual - meditating (or trying to..) by doing the 20-breath countdown.  Reflective.....this one is a process!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I am impressed with your goals. You are taking on alot, or so it seems to me. Reflection is VERY difficult as you say. I feel like it is harder to write while thinking reflectively. As far as your progress, great job! Friends do grow your heart and soul.
    Geni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this works now. Will try this out, and revisit when I know for sure it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked :) and I still need to be invited to your blog!

      Delete
  3. My lord, you're really working hard on your goals! I want to learn Spanish someday (not too far away in my future). Oddly you're already on action for that. :) Let me know how that Spanish class work out for you.

    ReplyDelete