Why is this so hard? To bare my soul, to express my deep feelings, hopes, goals with a few people I trust? I have thought and though about what to write here - not wanting to bore you, not wanting to reveal too much. It's hard to focus on a goal when I am just treading water, trying to learn, work, raise children, keep my house in order, recovering from surgery. But what an important assignment to undertake.
So....here they are, my goals:
Explore what my core values really are and, once revealed, live by them.
Live my true self, not dependent on the approval of others.
This will take a lot of self-reflection, self-discovery, letting go of old habits, learning new. This will take distancing myself from unhealthy relationships and nurturing new relationships.
Undertaking a new journey that will influence the rest of my life is both scarey and exhilarating. Will you join me?
I am most happy to join you! Scarey....hmm I am curious about that. What is most scary? What is least scary..then in between. What is the worst that can happen with this endevor of yours? I am in complete agreement with you about learning to express our reflections without revealing too much, but then again it is probably more true to one's self to be completely authentic. Life if a struggle right now and I am right there..or here..with you. Trust is a vulnerable thing to give out, I know...and you can trust in me. :)
ReplyDeleteGeni (a new friend?)
Re-discover artistic side.. That's what I've wanting to do... I thought about paint something and put it in my wall.. :D
ReplyDelete